Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Humidity

So for the first few days here it was cool and crisp – Coral has been reluctant to leave the house without a sweatshirt. Yesterday she had her first experience with humidity. Unfortunately that meant I had to deal with it too – and it was the one day I chose to wear layers… layers that couldn’t be removed. I don’t know how people here stay looking so cool and fresh – that is what distinguishes the tourists – they’re sweaty and tired looking.

Last night was a tremendous wind storm and then a lightning storm – I slept on the futon in front of the picture windows and it was AWESOME!! The whole house lit up over and over. I don’t now if you could see if the video, or if I even pointed it out, but the doors here (except for the tub, bathroom & laundry area) are all made out of glass – a wavy glass so you have some privacy but glass nonetheless – and the lightning truly does light up the entire house.

No comments: