Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Alternative plans for Monday

This is where I will be next Monday. Yes, I am planning on cutting class, but in the furtherance of my education - sounds oxymoronic but it isn't.

Some of the socioligists and various theorists we've been studying, some of the few still living that is, will be appearing at Forum 2000 which only lasts a few days. I was able to get a spot at all the panels I requested and am really looking forward to the experience. To see what I'm talking about you can click here. And don't worry, if it pops up in czech you can select the english option in the upper right hand corner.

To get an idea of the people who will be there you can click right here. Although the Dali Lama is confirmed and listed I understand he is ill and so don't expect him to be there.

I'll be attending panels on Faiths and Fanaticisms, The Powerful and the Powerless, and Modernity without Democracy which will be featuring Vicente Fox, former President of Mexico, the former PM of Russia, a few Secretaries of State, a couple of opposition leaders (I know Burma and Zimbabwe and can't remember where else), and a number of other people. It should be really interesting.

No comments: