Wednesday, October 28, 2009

stupid broken computer... introducing ASUS

Our computer broke last Friday. (Last Friday was a big day in our lives.)

Mom and Dad were kind enough to help us out, and we now have a new computer... which I am trying to get to know a bit better.

It is a PC and not a Mac. It has the right click/left click, and a totally different type of touchpad. I keep killing the touchpad.

We've had it for about 72 hours now and twice I've had a notice that I've killed the scrolling function on the touchpad. Not that I've done anything, other than scroll, it's just no longer working. I click on the option to look for an online solution, but then nothing happens. I'm tempted to take it in and ask for a new one, but... I DON'T SPEAK CZECH and while the sales clerk was helpful as could be in his limited English, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that his bit of English was suddenly a bit less once I indicate a problem.

ALSO - I have no idea how to create a secure connection with the new wireless router... my landlord gave us a new one and I need to set it up with the laptop, but again... the info is in Czech and I'm lost.

So... if you're local... a little help, please?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try start/places in the network/ now on the left there is something like working with the network and now find set up wireless network for household or little office. Then just follow the guide.

The exact names may be not correct I have it in czech:) You wil probably also need some password to the network.

Hard to say what happened to the scrolling you could try it on another PC or try and ask in the shop just tell them you had problems with scrolling a it probably doesnt work