Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hypothetically ridiculous adults on the school retreat

Let us say, hypothetically speaking, that my child, recently played a popular old word game with a bunch of other high school students and an adult. Let us also say, as is historically true with everyone else she has played for the past few years, that she dominated the game.

Then, lets pretend that later on the adult, the father of one/some of the other hypothetical players, pulled her aside, and said, in all seriousness "Now, just so you know, I was going easy cause my kids were playing."

Then, we'll continue this fantasy and say that she came home and told her Mom, me, about it, and upon my questioning her as to how she responded, we'll pretend that her answer was something like this... "Well, I didn't really say much about it but changed the subject... but he sure let me know a few things."

And if this had been real life and I had questioned her further, her answer may have been something like, "Well, he let me know he felt threatened by a teenager... and if he didn't say it cause he felt threatened by losing to a teenager... then he has no regard for my sense of self esteem cause he would have been crushing it by implying that I didn't really win. Either way, I lost a bit of respect for him."

And that's how the weekend may have gone... if she had actually been playing Boggle with anyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coral is THE queen of boggle. if there was a world series of boggle, she'd win. i know. i've lost many many many times to her. and not by just a few points either.