Friday, August 20, 2010

Dusty Dreams

Ever since I arrived back in the Czech Republic, my mother has had me cleaning. Three days.

While frustrating, there is a small shred of logic behind it. While we were both gone, a span of about three weeks altogether, a construction guy came and replaced some messed up tiles in our little foyer/hallway thingy. In preparation, my mom cleaned the house, and closed all of the doors, isolating pathways for dust. Of course, these efforts were thwarted by the construction guy opening all of the doors she had closed. This meant that when we came home, the entire house was coated in a somewhat thick layer of dust. Which my mom is allergic to.

So, the past three days have consisted of How I Met Your Mother playing in the background while I sweep, mop, and dust like crazy. Which, I will admit, has not been an entire triumph. I'm not a cleaning enthusiast, and tend to overlook things my mom obsesses over.

For once, I look forward to school starting. :)

No comments: