Friday, August 20, 2010

ketchup ;)

I had a great time back in the US. It was wonderful and thanks to you who helped make it that way, and sorry to those who I didn't get to see... despite my best planning life happens and I totally ran out of time! (stupid dentist, stupid doctor, stupid jet lag - it got me on both directions)

This is just to let you all know we're home and safe and exhausted. The Kid and I both caught colds during our last few days and it carried over to the flight so it's take a while for the two of us to recover and catch up... it's 2:15 am so obviously I'm not fully acclimated yet.

Other than not feeling well the flight was good - a fair amount of moderate turbulence but it was ok on the way to London. Dealing with Heathrow however was another matter. Let me provide a little assistance. When you tell a teenager, "please be ready, we have 2 hours to make it through Heathrow and will need all that time to do it - have your stuff together" etc... You should understand that does not automatically translate to - know where your passport is, as I discovered.

We hit the entrance for the passport check [the misadventures in Heathrow have been removed upon request] and had a peaceful flight to Prague.

While we were gone our landlord had the broken tiles and the carpet she'd had laid down to cover them replaced. Yay! But the workers must have opened every door in the flat and failed to lay down drop cloths anywhere so everything, absolutely everything greeted us with a thick layer of super find tile dust. Every crevice nook and cranny... it's even clogged the nozzle in my hairspray, the vents in my hairdryer and coated the cooking utensils and every book in the living room. Every single thing we one has to be picked up and cleaned - it made it in to the cupboards where there was a crack between the doors. Oh dust allergy - you are quite literally making me weep.

I have a lot to say, thoughts and reflections on our trip, etc... but this is it for now. The Kid is supposed to have written something, but she hasn't yet - at least hadn't when I started writing this. I think you should ask to read her poem about the couch... it's been featured on a writing site she's a member of.

Hope you're all wonderful!!!

No comments: