Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Monday evening

I had my adult english class Monday night - it was great! I had another new student, and everyone laughed and talked and it was lovely. At the end of the class one of my students offered to give me a ride home - fantastic! I'd spent my day at the forum and hadn't had time to run home and get my coat so was stuck wearing a light weight jacket and thin top - totally insufficient for the weather! I was so excited, until he asked me -

Where do you live?

And I opened my mouth to answer and said - I don't know. EVERYONE started laughing!

One woman offered, well you live in Prague 10, right? And I said yes, but I don't know how to get there! Everyone laughed again!

I explained, I only know the bus routes and I don't drive, and haven't really been here that long - and I don't really know where we are, either. So, they started asking me questions and finally the group figured out where I live and then Karel gave me a ride home, and it was a great end to an incredible day!

No comments: