Sunday, October 18, 2009

Further Thanksgiving thoughts

For me Thanksgiving means family, friends, turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, some green veggies, and pumpkin pie with whipped cream. The focus on the family and friends part. It used to be a big homey sort of day, with cooking and cleaning, prepping a for guests, and football in the background (American Football - it's a big American Football day, and I used to be in the US for Thanksgiving).

I have found a place where I can get sweet potatoes, but marshmallows are a novelty here... The turkey can be ordered, but I don't know the ratio... it's so many pounds per person to calculate how large a turkey you need - I don't know how many people yet, but I know that a ratio exists. Pumpkin pie is another difficulty. I am quite concerned that I may need to make it from scratch as I know it would inedible. So suggestions for a foolproof American style pumpkin pie would be greatly appreciated.

And if someone could explain to me HOW any individual is supposed to prepare all of this in one day using one stove, one oven, and one refrigerator.... I'd REALLY appreciate THAT, too!

No comments: