Sunday, November 21, 2010

last vinohrady sunday

This morning some friends came over and dismantled and then took possession of a few wardrobes and another piece of furniture. Some was ours, some was our former landlord's (last year, not the one that's about to become our former) -he didn't want it back so asked us to get rid of it and we found new happy homes for everything we no longer need.

Then tea at Cafe Louvre. Apparently the Kid had never been there before and she enjoyed her hot chocolate with ice cream, the company and the place in general... and the fact that our presence there was a direct precursor to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I.

Enjoyed the movie, can't wait for Part II. Will have to read the book again. We both cried. That shoulda been a given.

I didn't expect it to last 3 hours, but with the intermission it did. It was late when we got home, and since most of our stuff was packed, and the frig rather low, I ordered in Indian, we watched Castle and now she's asleep. She's happy, we're both looking forward to the new flat, we both enjoyed today and now we get to start a short work/school week.

I'm going to miss being so close to so many friends. It was nice to feel like I'd gotten a handle on my neighborhood. And this is quite a convenient location to so many aspects of our life. We're moving from the green line to the red, our new area doesn't have as many trams running through, and I don't know where anything is.... however I just found out that I have 3 friends in that district and am now only a short tram ride from another person who is slowly becoming a better and better friend. In some ways I feel like I didn't fully take advantage of this area - like there is more I could have or should have done while I was here and that by moving I'm leaving behind some missed opportunity - in one sense, I am leaving behind a very specific opportunity, but in the big picture that little pang is a bunch of nonsense. I'm not leaving the darn city, just moving to a new neighborhood - and Prague is small. We'll be here for a while longer (provided we don't get hit with any further visa issues or held up by the TSA... but that's a whole other issue).


No comments: