Monday, February 6, 2012

It is damn cold

At 9am I check the weather forecast so I could appropriately bundle up.  On my phone it read -16-.... the high was listed as -11 and the low for the day/night as -15. Somehow, someway, something seems to not have been working.  With the sun out and a few hours in to daylight it was colder than the projected low for the night.  UGH!

In other locations in the country, it's been down to -39.4 (that is about -39F) and diesel lines are freezing.  Apparently this freeze may lead to another potential oil crisis. Eastern Europe gets their heating oil from Russia and Russian demands have increased drastically due to the freeze and so limiting what's available for the rest of us.

While the rest of the house isn't exactly warm my bedroom is freezing. I've been sleeping with flannel pajamas, a t-shirt, a sweatshirt, socks, two down blankets and a water bottle.  It's a lot warmer downstairs.  About three steps from the downstairs level you can feel a drastic shift in temperature.  If this doesn't end soon I'll start sleeping on the couch.

No comments: