Sunday, January 30, 2011

apparently sometimes the internet DOES break

Recently I had to write a few stern emails to a student addressing a few issues that require an immediate response. There are time sensitive matters so I've been monitoring my email for the past week and then over the weekend... and still no answer.

Each day that's passed it's become a bit more and more aggravating as it's impacting the direction of the next few steps I have to take - I've been irritated a bit.

I realized today that I'm not being ignored. The issue's not being ignored - but I'm not about to get an answer. The student is in Cairo and the internet's been cut off. Even if there were internet access there are far larger things happening than emails from me.

I wish peace and strength to the people of Egypt. Your courage is inspiring. I hope that there is a swift and easy transition to a genuine and transparent democracy. And I really hope that a confident and competent moderate leader surfaces soon.

No comments: