Thursday, January 21, 2010

Due to another cold spell on the way...

Ok, ok, ok - I am totally consumed with the weather right now. Leave me alone and quit reading if you don't like it. HOWEVER - the last line in this article is one my favorite snippets from recent news...
Due to another cold spell on the way there is at least no imminent danger of floods.
No imminent threat... that's almost funny right now.

The forecast for tonight is -18. Even with the floods you're having back in California right now... and the loss of electricity and phone lines (How do you people keep updating your FB? with your cell phones??? Is it only the land-lines that are out? I know some of you are charging your cells in the car when the power is out in the house... ah, modern technology :)) and even with that, I think I'd rather be back in my Mom and Dad's house on a little hill, warm and safe and dry and ice-free in front of a fire and not scared to step out my front door - just unwilling to drive out of the neighborhood.

On a serious note - Mother Nature seems to be having a bit of a fit on a few different continents. I hope you're all safe.

No comments: