Wednesday, April 29, 2009

work - woo hoo!!

Well I got an email from the owner confirming the school I've been teaching at is no longer functioning. Which is okay on the one hand as I'd told my class tonight was my last class - I haven't been paid for March yet and so wasn't expecting to be paid for April at this point, either. On the other I've lost the potential for earning and my teaching resources.

The owner went on to say he would like to meet me on Monday (our very first meeting) and will pay me for both months, March and April, then. Woo hoo! That is Coral's tuition for May! Right on! Of course, I'm out of a job at the same time.

NOT SO FAST!

While I don't have nearly enough hours to compensate for the loss of income from this position I DID just get another job teaching at another school, a more established one, and will be making a bit more on an hourly rate but less over all as less hours.... however, it's work and I'll have some sort of income and that is a very good thing!!!

And I have a potential lead for tutoring a young teen on Saturdays... we will see.

No comments: