Tuesday, February 16, 2010

don't poke her foot with a stick

We're still waiting for a new doctor to see Coral, and her head isn't getting any better. I've been trying to think of alternative ways to help reduce her headaches and thought I came up with one - till I remembered that Coral has it in her head that she hates massages. Then I remembered the Thai massage place around the corner does a foot massage targeted at the points connected to your head and the rest of your body.

Today Coral and I were both feeling pretty lousy. I decided, spur of the moment, to get us both massages. Coral was less than thrilled. I got an oil massage (quite different than any other oil massage I've ever received) and she got the foot massage.

They poke your foot with a stick to stimulate the points - I know this cause I've done it and it's crazy cool. Coral knew this cause I told her. She didn't like it. I asked why and she said it was too hard... yet we shared a room and not once did she mention to the lady that it was too hard. Coral disliked it so much she's now considering my first proposal, acupuncture. She really dislikes needles but apparently she really, really dislikes having her foot poked with a stick. I happen to think it hurt because it was stimulating the areas that need some attention, and helping her headaches... and yes, a little bit cause it's a freakin stick they're poking you with... that will rarely, ever, be comfortable.

No comments: