Monday, April 26, 2010

crickets, darn it, just crickets

I hate it when you're hoping to hear from someone - someone you really want to talk to - and you've done your part and it's their turn and you're waiting and waiting and eventually - days later - you realize that the phone call, sms and email just won't be coming... and then you kick yourself for the anxiousness you felt each time the phone rang, an sms chirped and an email hit your inbox. I really hate it. Right now, there are a few people whose voices I'd prefer to be listening to over the sound of these darn crickets.

1 comment:

could you pass the peace please said...

OK, never mind. I hear the tuning of an orchestra - just need to wait and see if it's the prelude to an epic tale or if it's an ultra modern piece full of dissonanace, grating upon the essence of my being. Quite possibly it's a friendly little jaunty thing, something by a new composer just beginning to expirement, not quite sure how this symphony will end...