Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lots of things on my mind tonight - numerous posts :)

Tonight I was trying to set coffee with a friend - I had a thing already established, but another friend I haven't seen for a while wanted to get some time in too. I realized that I have plans every day this week - and not just little stop off for an hour or so for a chat, which is always nice, but substantial outings and events - I'm feeling like I'm in demand! For my main event this evening I had a choice between the Microsoft/X-Box game release party and a fire show up in Vysehrad... after I finished my beer with my friend (who forgot to bring my signed first edition copy of his book!) I stopped at a few shops and mentally mapped out the rest of my night - here, at home with Coral, cooking dinner and watching Community.

I spent a fully occupied and exhausting weekend running around and missing various things I forgot I'd RSVP'd to - yet during the course of my crazed chicken mode I managed to meet/re-meet 3 really interesting people. Three. I hope you got that... you've no idea how lucky I feel to meet not just one, not two, but three people I connect with. Actually, there were more, but these three stand out probably due to the extensive conversations we shared - or laughter... both can be intoxicating. After my weekend adventures I realized that I needed to sleep - I've still not caught up, but I'm working on it. I also realized that I enjoy being at home with my kid. And in another 2 months or so she'll be back in the US for the summer - and I'll miss her terribly.

However - this time I'm much more established and prepared for her departure... I know that even without her here I won't be alone unless I choose that for myself. I've made so many wonderful friends and have found a certain comfortable groove... it's easy to just be, just be me and I find that in the midst of the chaos of the calls here and there, living in a land where sometimes it feels like people don't smile, and as tired as I may get at times - I can be me, just how and who I am, whatever it is that I'm feeling at the moment, and I'm happier and probably sane-r than I've been in a while. A long while.

I need to get back in to reiki, strengthen that connection. That's a priority for the next while - if you're local and interested and want to connect over that let me know.

No comments: