Thursday, April 1, 2010

random sightings

Today I saw a lot of people who'd been punched in the face. I don't know why. I mean I don't know why they'd been punched in the face, I don't know why I saw so many, and I don't know why it was all clustered around today... but I did. I wasn't out much either - pretty much went to the doctor, the lekarna, the market, home and then later on to school for a quick moment in the evening.

Which is when I saw all the riot police out with their horses on Namesti Miru. It was unsettling. I'd already seen so many punched in faces I didn't feel quite comfortable being in the midst of a crown and the horse-backed ANTI-KONFLIKTNI team. Turns out Sparta was playing Slavia and the police were there merely to assure that they wouldn't actually be needed. The funny thing is - just before, during, and after the game - I didn't see anyone else with a punched in face.

No comments: