Saturday, January 17, 2009

another reason to always have food in the house...

that way when you fall down and get a concussion you won't starve.

i am not full of that kind of forethought and so was forced to go to the store. treacherous trip that it was, i survived and now have food for a bit.

i had to walk around the corner to catch a bus for a 2 minute ride to the store... went shopping, got in the wrong line, couldn't understand why i couldn't use my card (cash only line which is quite clearly and universally marked) forgot all my most basic czech, couldnt work the atm (bankomat here), and walked half way home with three bags of groceries before stopping to catch the bus...

clearly still not thinking well.

that is the only thing i did yesterday, and it took me until 4 pm to get it together to get out of the house.

today i feel much, much better. plenty of rest, some medication (yeah, i had to talk to the doctor, and it's confirmed i have a concussion), and some fresh food.

later i am going to get out of my house again... i hope to meet a friend for a movie or tea or something... we'll see.

1 comment:

Adventures of Ananda in BC said...

It sounds like you have the same relationship with your daughter that I have with my mom, she's at wits end and so am I Don't worry i have made a few calls I should know something next week.
Stay strong sweety.
much love