Thursday, January 22, 2009

more thoughts on stairs...

I was starting to think about how ridiculous my morning was... almost ten flights of stairs before breakfast... had ingested only maybe a cup of water... when I got to school to climb up and down and up more stairs... and arrived at the same time as the water guy.

You know what a water guy is - they have the big trucks with those 5 gallon bottles of water... same here as in the US... and probably other places too.

Anyway, he was headed in to the building with a giant trolley full of bottles. He caught the first door for me, I caught the second for him... and then I headed up the stairs to get the keys.

On the way back down I encountered him again... he no longer had the trolley, but instead was laiden down with 3 of the 5 gallon bottles... no trolley, just sheer brute force. I tried to hold the door on the landing for him, but he smiled and shook his head - he was headed up to the top floor.

I totally reconsidered my whining about the stairs. Cake.

No comments: