Friday, January 16, 2009

urgh.

it's starting to get a bit warmer over here. no, not warm, warmer. as in, it's approaching zero and instead of icy steps there spots of slush on the sidewalks.

i was slipping and sliding all day yesterday, trying to stay upright throughout my treks across town. as i approached my home i was having a mental conversation in my success in avoiding not only the black ice that still exists, but also on managine to skate through the slushy spots without falling when suddenly i fell.

not one of those - oh wow i'm falling, this is taking a lifetime on the way down sort of things, but much more my feet flew out in front of my and up over my head the instant my head smacked the ground...

that was yesterday. today i am still dizzy. even laying in bed i have a terrible headache. and my shoulder is feeling pretty poorly. i didn't go to the computer lab today. i am still here, in bed, trying to get my act together and muddle through and it's nearly 1pm. urgh.

No comments: