Sunday, January 11, 2009

Quite a compliment!! More egocentric stuff....

I've had any number of interesting and unexpected compliments over here.... one that was pretty cool was from a fellow American classmate - in referring to his favorite professor, who he said I should meet as we reminded him or each other - he was searching for what it was that felt similar between us - and what he came up with was charisma. I don't think I've ever had someone use that word to describe me when talking to me - he said we have the same charisma, really engaging energy.... I was really touched.

I've never met so many people in such a concentrated time, male and female, who have taken it upon themselves to tell me that I'm beautiful - not on a slimy pick-up sort of way (that's happened too and I'm not counting those) but more observational or factual, and once or twice comparatively speaking... which is again nice to hear, but not as important to me.

I've heard from a few people that I'm radiant... there's a glow, an appeal, a energy, my aura... however it's put, but the nicest summary I've heard was last night and came from a Czech girl - which is really surprising cause I thought she was British for two reasons - first, she's got the accent (living in London a few years will do that to you) and second, she is so easy to talk with... not the typical Czech experience...

We were out dancing, and I was with my friend Juan - we went dancing last weekend too, at the same club, which is where I met her. She had been there with her boyfriend who is friends with Juan. This time she was there dancing alone, so she joined us.

We were all having a great time, and she said something to me about how nice the connection was between me and Juan (in a strictly platonic friendship way - we have a great time and a ton of fun!) we both just really enjoying being where we are and it comes through... then she said I have a beauty, a joy, that shines and makes people want to be near me, and that when they are they're happier too.

I've never heard that before - and it was probably the nicest compliment I've ever received - your happiness is beautiful, you attract people to you, and you make them happier by just being you.

That is so much better than, dude, you're hot.

No comments: