Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Big "C" Day

Fat Tuesday - ok, that doesn't start with a 'C", but Carnival does.... or rather CARNEVALE as it's known here.

And so does CHANGE and CRASH and CAMERA... I can come up with more... CASH - yeah, I spent just about all I have to last me the remaining few days of the month... not desperate or anything, just poor again... and, pray tell, what did I spend it on?

That's right - a CAMERA - I've been going a little nutty without one - not as crazy as I'd go if the Computer Crashed (which it hasn't yet - more on the Crash later)... so as I've hear my Camera (Currently in California... wow, more C's) is a little kooky and not consistently Capturing and Converting pictures I figured it was time to replace it. I did.

Now you get to benefit from it :)

After I bought the camera I met up with another CSer (look!! C!!) and we went to the JZP metro, after we tried to catch the stuff at Kampa but couldn't get in to it there, and we found an awesome Carnevale celebration - free admission, food, and drink - hot wine, pasteries, and sausages!





And after the more traditional costumed revelers was an incredible fire show with this really intense tribal-violin-electronic music... this is one the very few pics that I was able to get...



So that covers a few of the "C's" of the day - the rest... I CRASHED first thing this morning - walking uphill. The weather has CHANGED and the snow has all melted as it's rained lately, and somehow I slipped and my knees found that little strip of raised CEMENT they pour to separate the sidewalk from the grass. Yes, my knees hurt. Obviously I'm fine!!

Here's me in the elevator on the way up to our flat...



That orange hat is lined with some sort of something or other - it's nice and quilted inside and keeps my head rather warm.

I'm quite happy about the camera!!

1 comment:

C☮ral said...

I just might have to steal that hat when I get back. It looks quite wonderful. :D