Saturday, March 13, 2010

uff, and thanks kiddo

Yesterday was I had some meetings and had committed to attending the opening of a new art space. I got dressed knowing my plans for the evening and the fact that I wouldn't be returning home before going out... so I put on some heels that complemented my outfit.

Then I went outside... where it was snowing - and things sorta came to a halt. I ended up rushing all morning long, despite having gotten up early - but the tram was 30 minutes late and then got stuck in traffic. I was running late for a meeting. Getting off the tram at my final destination, it was curved away from the curb and I stepped on to the street, rather than the sidewalk, even thought I had the intention of stepping on to the sidewalk, and somehow I stepped wrong and did something odd to my back.

Now - after 30 hours of spasms and such, I'm stuck at home, unable to get fully upright and/or make it down the 3 1/2 flights of stairs to the street.. which doesn't matter much as I'm not walking all that well either so if I got downstairs then what? Turn around and come back?

On the weekends we usually do a major grocery shopping. That means, by Friday we're pretty short on food... as in, we don't have much, if any. Coral is a lifesaver right now and heading out to the grocery store for me. Thank you CORAL!

Later - we're going to watch 3 movies - Lost Boys, Silver Bullet (both part of our Corey Haim tribute - my first real movie-star pre-teen crush) and then Highlander per Coral's request. I can't do much else, the weather is miserable, and her friends are busy so it's gonna be a movie weekend.

No comments: