Sunday, November 9, 2008

RECIPE REQUEST - URGENT!! Apple Pie!

To those of you who know me well it may sound odd, but I am in urgent need of a really good apple pie recipe.

One of my students - the one who gives me a ride home after the night class - was kind enough to find, translate, and then illustrate a bramboly recipe for me. Bramboly are some of my favorite czech food. It's sort of a potato pancake type thing. Once I can scan it I"ll send out a copy... if I can copy and send it to someone to scan for me then I"ll do that now as it'll be at least another month before I have access to a scanner.

Anyway - this super cool incredibly nice student has asked me for an apple pie recipe... and yes, I need to illustrate it for him too. I don't want to find something online and provide him with an untested recipe... what if it's lousy? He may never give me a ride home again!

So, as I've never baked an apple pie before - partially because I cannot make a decent pie crust - please help me out! Please send me your favorite apple pie recipes ASAP!!! I have class again Monday night, 7:15 my time.... I'm 9 hours ahead of the West Coast..

Thanks every so much!!!

1 comment:

fallonje said...

I don't know if this is too late- I know mom gave you a recipe already. I would only add that the big secret to pie crust is to mix it AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE. It does NOT need to be uniformly mixed: there can be visible globs of dough with more butter than others when you roll it out. This is what makes it flaky! Hope that helps a bit! Can't wait to have some Czech food prepared by our very own chefs Jen and Coral!