Saturday, November 15, 2008

Visa issues!

There is a problem with the kid's visa... which requires me to take a trip to the Foreign Police. I've been avoiding them. The consulate had told me I didn't need to register with them as my paperwork was issued and in order - now the story has changed.

The Foreign Police is a misnomer - it's like immigration... but worse. The people assigned to work there only speak Czech - there is no foreign language fluency requirement to work for the Foreign Police. They do not anticipate and cater to the foreigners who will be coming through the door... and come through the door they do!

It is suggested to show up between 2 and 4 am. The doors open at 7:00 - if you're not there by 4:30 you may not be seen... and being seen does not necessarily mean being helped.

I'm really dreading this, going there, - and am quite nervous about the visa issues too! The problems arose in September but nobody told me there were issues - now it's been 2 months and they may deny the visa just because I haven't given them any of the information they decided they wanted... Which is actually information they already have, they just don't want it in the format I've provided. It's really frustrating as for the past few months I've called, emailed, and sent in letters and additional information - but noone bothered to tell me there was an issue - I just got, oh, there's a bit of a delay, a backlog, don't worry!

Here's a taste of what I will be experiencing. Please watch this video in it's totality - and listen for the screams...

No comments: