Wednesday, August 27, 2008

School and Coral's dyslexic tutor

We start school on Monday. Coral and I both. I’m a bit nervous, and I’m sure she is too. For me – well, I have European History Political Thought, and Czech – except for the Czech course it’s all in English. Coral will have a ton of classes, and except for her English course it’s all in Czech. I’m trying to get her lined up with a tutor, and so far it looks as though I may be able to trade English tutoring for Czech, but the strongest offer I have is some guy who isn’t sure how great he’d be cause he’s dyslexic and confuses his ‘s’ and ‘z’ – he told me so. There was another pair that he mixes up also, but I can’t remember what they were – it was something odd, I remember that, not the normal US twisty letter pair, but something that didn’t seem to make sense to me. I think – and help me out here if you think I’m off base– but I think that he’d be ok as a tutor if we’re not working on spelling but on speaking and verb declensions.

I found out what the other odd pair was - I and Y - those just don't seem like pairs to switch around... 'j' and 'y' seem more similar to me. Thoughts???

No comments: