Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sideways Sidewalks

The sidewalks here are a distaster. We walked quite a ways yesterday morning. Far enough to hit first our local Albert, the neighborhood grocery store, and then come upon another Albert. We also came upon 3, maybe 4, pizzerias.

Throughout the entire walk the sidewalks were really torn up – it felt like walking on the side of a very steep hill, they were so slanted at points. Our first day I saw lots of people walking in the street and thought they were crazy – the drivers here are scary!!! It appeared they pedestrians had a suicide wish. Now I get it.

We walked home from coffee last night about 10, in the rain, in the street. It felt safer in to start in the street ( and be able to move out of the way if necessary) than to try to use the sidewalk and risk falling in to the street - which I’ve already done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is an Albert? -Peri
ps-I don't know what I'm doing with this blogger thingy. I hope you get this! Is this public? Am I a dork? hm.....