Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Diversity

Classes are just getting started - and my schedule is changing like crazy - first off I've transferred in to the masters program and have dropped all my BA classes. Coral has had to switch schools and now I am aggressively looking for a job so I can make tuition for both of us - and then I dropped my Czech class so I have more time to work - it was the only 2 day a week class I had and had some odd hours.

Anyway - the heading here is diversity - I was thinking about my classmates. So far I've met students from Albania, Georgia (the one that was just invaded by Russia, not the state in the US), Montenegro, Serbia, Slovakia, Germany, Prague, Scotland, England, and I\m not sure where else.

At dinner I met people from Poland, Slovakia, Ireland, England, and Malaysia...

Coral's met a few teachers at her school - from Oregon and Petaluma. Oh yes, I've also met people here from Petaluma and Danville - girls in the Czech class.

And that's just a start. There's a guy who works in the library from Texas - but his brother is in the Navy and is stationed in Lemore. And so much more. A lot of french speakers, I think I heard some Italian, and English is everywhere in the buildings - with more accents than I knew existed. A lot with a British undertone but that' because most Europeans have British english teachers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what-up Jenny and Coral!
how are the bug bites?
we went to Monterey this pass weekend. Chris e-mailed you some of the pics a little while ago.
can't wait to hear more about both of your schools. super random that you've met people from Petaluma and a guy with a brother stationed in Lemoore.
thinking about you guys. love you both.