Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Crazy Coincidences!!

Ever Monday evening at the start of class I ask the guys how their weekend went. I give a brief overview of mine - it went like this (the three of them) family, friends, cross country skiing... (and me) hiking in the mountains, lodge with friends.

It wasn't until the tram ride home when I asked Marek how he got the scrapes on his chin that we discovered we were both up on Snezka on Sunday. He was cross country skiing all weekend with his cousins and brother up on the same mountain as me. We stayed on opposite sides.

What was even funnier (to me) was when we discovered that he had to sleep on the floor of his lodge in his sleeping bag... while I got a bunk for my sleeping bag and I paid less. Everything at my lodge was less - and closer to the peak as well.

He got the scrapes on his face when he crashed in to a tree. Bummer

Next time he'll stay at Jelenka - which by the way means Deer - as in Deer Lodge.

No comments: