Saturday, March 14, 2009

some sun!!

I am grateful for today.

Actually, I'm grateful for every day, but today the sun shared the tiniest glimpse of the light and warmth is has to offer - and that has made ALL the difference!

For the past week or so I've been feeling not quite right. Not sick, not low, just aching and tired and tight and with a large empty lead balloon in my stomach. Headachey. Blagh.

Today, Saturday, was bright and cheerful. I opened the windows, scrubbed the floors, had lunch with Ray (whose wife was kind enough to lend him for some heavy lifting stuff) and finished assembling the stuff from Ikea (that was the heavy lifting).

We talked about the beauty of the weather and he was thrilled, stating that with another degree or two he'd be in his shorts and t-shirt. While I was thinking - ah, this is like California in the winter (when it's not raining, mind you). Cold, clear, crisp. Shiny.

He's from England. I am obviously not. Almost as much as I appreciated the beauty of the weather I appreciated our totally different ideas of shorts and t-shirts qualifications. After translating from C to F, I realized that for him 60F is definitely within the shorts and t-shirts range... actually he dropped it even further, to about 55F but that's' so ridiculous that I think the sunlight must have dazzled his brain and he was confused.

Either way, today there was hope for the spring. I need it. This winter gray is killing me. I can deal with the cold now, but the sunlight has been in short supply. And without the sun.... well, we all know that without the sun things die.

And I rather enjoy living. :)

No comments: