Friday, October 8, 2010

little setbacks

This was supposed to be a turning point... I got a raise, increased my hours and started teaching - money should be flowing in right now.... and then a few things hit-

The stupid ransom I had to pay for our passports - that took up most of the rent... to put it in perspective - most everyone I know pays less in rent than what I just paid to get back our passports!

Trip to the hospital for the kid - not covered by insurance at this point (even if it had been, we didn't have our passports so it wouldn't have been accepted)

I got another respiratory infection. I've been told to stay home for 10 days - that means no pay for 3 days then half rate... which puts me at less than what I was making before! Every single stupid cold I get goes straight in to my lungs and then asthma kicks in to overdrive and I'm wheezing and gasping and coughing and hating life.

And now the school has given 24 hours notice of funds due for a multi-day retreat - in the past it's been a discounted price but this year it's the full cost - and the full cost is inflated from the past few years... urgh.

SATs. Even though she may stay here for college she's still got to take the tests.

And now I have to get the Kid another new insurance policy as the one we've had for her isn't right for the new visa laws. You have to prepay for the full year.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to make ends meet till the end of the month - and today's only the 8th. I've been home for 3 days now and instead of getting better my stupid cold is entrenched in my upper respiratory track - and am feeling rather frustrated with the progress of October. I have my next class on Tuesday and my book and guide are sitting in my desk at work - I'm home and have plenty of time to prepare, but no materials to do it with.

The Kid's starting to feel better, finally, at least. And despite the notice on the door our rent won't be going up.

No comments: