Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesday Sept 5

Apparently I've caught whatever the kid's got. Big ole bummer. She gets to stay home for days and I've had to go to work. This is a busy week for me... the start of the new term for all of our new students, papers due, writing to review, and today was my first day teaching at a university. I'm sure you're shocked, after having followed my writing, that I could be teaching university, but wonder of wonders, I am. And as nervous as I was, as underprepared as I felt having devoted my weekend to mommy stuff rather than class-prep, and as sick as I am - well things weren't too bad. One student, on the way out the door, even said he loves stuff like I just gave him - challenging thought provoking questions that require genuine work and reflection. Right on - or maybe write on... it's a writing assignment after all. :)

No comments: