Monday, May 31, 2010

BRAVISSIMO, Bravissimo!!!

Making the most of more!

That's their slogan, and it's perfect.

This post is for big breasted women. If you aren't one, or if you don't have one in your life that you love, then move along now, move along.

I got lost in here yesterday, in one of their London shops. It is a bra and clothing store for women - they don't stock anything smaller than a D - teeny tiny band sizes on up to the more than plentiful... and they go up, I think to a K. I have no idea, nor do I ever want to know, how large a K is, but if you wear one, then this is the place for you!

Not only do you get a private fitting - and this has nothing to do with taking your measurements, but a more real life approach to getting you in to the size, shape and support you require - but then the fitter also runs around pulling the different styles and sizes that may be best for you. I hate bra shopping - more than I hate most other things that I hate... there aren't many things I really hate, it's a very passionate negative emotion, but bra shopping is one of them. Yesterday was the closest thing to bra shopping heaven that I think you can find on planet Earth. It was glorious. I bought dresses that fit - three dresses that fit my body and my breasts - I don't remember the last time I owned a single dress that fit both parts at the same time. Life altering. I actually like dresses - a very little known fact - one you wouldn't have had any idea of, as you rarely, rarely see me in them... actually I like buttoned shirts too - another article of clothing you wouldn't have seen me in as I can't find ones that actually fit. Now - you'll see my wardrobe evolving, slowly as there are budgetary concerns, but evolving nonetheless.

In addition to bras they have pajamas with super soft built in support, shirts and dresses cut to fit your actual breast size (you don't have to buy a larger size to fit your boobs, strapless dresses that stay up, button down tops that don't bunch, burst open or gather and so much more... their clothes come in your true body size and then three boobies styles - curvy, really curvy, and super curvy - depending upon how bountiful you are you pick the C, RC or SC.) They also have bathing suits cut to fit your true size as well.

This is almost revolutionary for my life. If you wear a D, either in US or Europe, you're quite likely truly something else... when's the last time you went to Victoria's Secret and found an abundance of comfortable bras, or a wide selection of bras above D or DD? We tend to buy larger band sizes and smaller cups than our true band and cup. I have been fitted in the US on numerous occasions but never at a shop that had this selection - over 10,000 bras in varying sizes in the stockroom at all times. CRAZY!!!

And, for those of you who are feeling that you're unfortunate as you don't live in London, or have plans to visit in the immediate future,- amazingly enough they work with you over email to get you fitted in the right size. The emails and letters posted to their sitting room from all over the world testify to their miraculous abilities in that regard. They originally started as an on-line shop - there were a few things I wanted that fit but would have fit more perfectly in a different letter size - so they're shipping them from the main warehouse at no extra cost.

So, ladies, and their loving male counterparts... do something wonderful for yourself today - check out Bravissimo. You'll thank me later. And your breasts will thank you.

One unfortunate point - they don't ship to the Czech Republic. I don't know why, being EU it seems like they should, but they don't. Most of you, if you're reading this, since it's in English, may know someone in the UK or the US or any number of other countries that they do ship to - and can have it shipped there, and then sent on. That's what I'm doing. There will be a slight delay, but the pleasure I have in knowing that it's possible for me to find clothing that fits outshines any minor frustration. Thank you Bravissimo.


No comments: