Monday, May 31, 2010

Our marvelous adventures in London - a very brief overview

I need to review my British history. I'm seeing so much stuff that is amazing, and if I could truly, accurately place it, would be mind-boggling! Some of these places may be reduntant, but here are the results after my mental culling...

We've seen Buckingham Palace, Baker Street, Hyde Park, Piccadilly Square, Portobello Road, the Crown Jewels, the London Bridge, the Tower of London, the British Museum, Westminster Abbey, Parliament, Downing Street, Nottinghill, Charing Cross Road, Abbey Road, the Great Fire of London Monument, Oliver!, Billy Elliott, Covent Garden, the West End, the Bloomsbury District, Oxford Circle, Victoria Train station, the changing of the guard, SoHo, Leister Square, the London Eye, Big Ben, the Parade Guard stadium, the Mall, and Trafalgar Square. We've also met up with friends for dinner twice.

I think there might be more, but I'm not sure... we have just under 48 hours left to go. I think tomorrow is a shopping day - Harrod's and Foyle's, again, - and then maybe the National Portrait Gallery. If you can think of something else, not to be missed - send your suggestions while you can!


No comments: