Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday, May 17

While I sit at home recovering from the stomach flu and nursing a broken toe (slight mishap on the way to the bathroom last night, stumbling around in the dark I found a door... ouch!) my daughter is on a plane for her first trip to Italy... This will make her seventh country this year (US, Canada, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria, Italy)... England doesn't quite count yet, as that's been primarily the airport, but a few days after her return we'll take a trip over to visit my Mom who will be finishing up a trip of her own...

My Mom...

I don't think I've posted any pics of my Mom, primarily because I don't think she'd really like having her photo up for all to see... but my Mom is a beautiful, beautiful person in every way you may want to use that description. Today is a big day - having focused the majority of her life on raising a family, and doing a darn good job, she decided to go back to school and finish her education at one of the country's top universities. Today she graduates from UC Berkeley. I can't begin to express how proud I am of her. And as words fail me at this moment, I'll stop writing. I love you Mom, and am not only proud of you today, but everyday. I am always proud to be your daughter.

No comments: