Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Her visa... part 862

I think I may have screwed up her visa, again. I've got a really bad feeling that I did. Apparently you're required to apply for a renewal within this very small window of time. I have missed it by a few days.

Now, instead of renewing her visa, I think I have to start all over. Which means that I must compile all the information I had before, and resubmit it, again... what's this, the sixth or seventh time - at least - and the poor kid has had only one visa issued?

The stressful part - her visa expires while we're outside of Schengen. There is some question as to whether or not she'll be allowed back in to Schengen or if she'll be required to spend the next 90 days outside of the zone... that issue was just raised for the very first time. Awesome.

We're going to England, and there's a chance she may not be able to return.

However, I have faith, and I believe that everything will work out all right. I have to go back to the foreign police tomorrow to see what they can do, and will have a packet ready to FedEx to LA in case we need to go that route instead. And possibly a trip to the consulate in London... we'll get it taken care of one way or another. I just hate the waiting part while things get resolved.

No comments: