Saturday, May 29, 2010

Portobello road, Portobello road...

I think I spent the majority of the day trying to recreate Bedknobs and Broomsticks... as I'm here to write this for you, you may safely assume I wasn't successful.

However, there were a few other interesting developments. The Kid has decided that London is a lovely place and she is now interested in looking at colleges here. I think she fell in love with the shopping, the friendliness of the people, the ease of speaking English, the theaters and the bookstores.

We saw Billy Elliott tonight - another outstanding performance! Seriously - we laughed and cried and I am completely blown away by the caliber and abundance of talent I've seen on the stage. If anyone wants to join me, I'll be treating myself to a few other upcoming performances during the remainder of the year - my birthday, some holiday or another, maybe an early/late Christmas... second Saturday of some month? you name it :)

Sooo tired, so off to sleep. Tomorrow is Buckingham Palace, the changing of the guards and some shopping! Got to get Mom ready for her next adventure.

Love you all - let me hear from you!

No comments: