Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Brazilian for an evening :D

I had to work pretty late tonight, and was really bummed as first, I have things to take care of and I treasure my time, and second, I wanted to watch some of the World Cup.

Turns out the city threw a giant screen up in the middle of old town square - close to the clock, where they have all the stands during the holiday markets... my friend, a Brazilian, and his band - all Brazilian - organized a huge, monstrously large gathering - and they played throughout the game. I swear the break was like a taste of Carnival.

And Brazil won, just in case you've been living in football/soccer-free zone... the square was full of people dancing, whistles blowing, drums banging - I managed to get beer both in my shoe and in my eye - not my own beer btw.

It was great - really looking forward to Sunday when Brazil plays again!

No comments: