Tuesday, June 29, 2010

thankfully not a typical tuesday

Yesterday was not awesome. If you're my FBF you already saw that. The day started with my being rushed in to work while receiving SMSs chastising me for things unknown. I ran out of the house with a mildly wrinkled dress, no stockings (that comes in to play), no moisturizer and somewhat damp hair.

It was hot and humid. My feet got sticky and pinched in my shoes, my hair didn't dry, I stepped and jammed my foot between some big street cobblestones and hurt my ankle, and then I got to work... where I promptly poured boiling water all over my hand. I hadn't even logged on to my computer yet - nor had I found out why I was in "big trouble".

Turns out the problems that were thrown out as problems weren't the actual problems, but there were other real problems that needed to be dealt with. I left about 10pm last night.

It started again this morning - after having spent yesterday observing resistance today I got to try to be the ringleader for a large, and at times, contentious gathering of roughly 20 or so lawyers... legal minds with divergent opinions yet on tight schedule.

That's done with now. We've all disbursed for another six months to a year. Yea.

The repercussions still need to be dealt with, but they haven't all hit yet. Forthcoming. Oh joy.

So, hours after that's all done I board a tram with a colleague and then stop for some groceries. I get back on with my bags and sit and open my book. I am accuately aware of the business man who positioned himself right against me despite the fact that there were empty seats and aisle space. Then I felt like he kept looking at me, either down my dress or in my bag... couldn't figure it out - possibly reading over my shoulder but that wasn't entirely it. So I ignored him and kept reading. At IP he started talking to me - interrupting me by putting his finger on the page and asking a question - that's when I knew he wasn't reading - he asked me about my English language novel in Czech. I answered in English and he kept asking me questions - we sorta chatted a bit, but not much as I wasn't very interested in the conversation, language skills were there but not great, he kinda creeped me out and I was trying to get ready to get off at the next stop.

He was standing between me and the door, and sure enough when I move to leave he does too - and then he stands outside and waits for me. I needed to cross the street and he does too - the trams were a mess and coming through on both directions non-stop but I walked between the two to find an opening - he followed. I say goodbye and he said he wanted to invite me for an ice... but I have my groceries... I walk in front of the church and he does too - then I stop and ask him if he lives in the area, and he says no, but would I like to have a talk sometime. I told him I thought maybe an introduction would be appropriate - he didn't understand so I initiated it. Then I went home.

"A" for effort, but he was certainly looking down my dress and then followed me off the tram.... giant red flashing neon letters spelling out CREEPER with sirens and a spot light wouldn't be more obvious.

No comments: