Friday, May 1, 2009

a cheerier note

Don't think I mentioned the bright spot in my week - I had a student leave my pre-school.... it wasn't expected, but he is leaving on holiday and won't be back in Prague until the summer season. His parents both came in to pick him up and brought me a gift, a delicious box of chocolates, and some flowers - beautiful tulips. His father speaks fluently and so asked me about his progress - which has been tremendous! He is the youngest student and rather reluctant to join and has truly blossomed. The told me they are looking forward to seeing me next year at school.

Another mother came in and told me she had called the owner with a few questions, and had told her how wonderful I am - that she wanted to make sure the school knows that the students and parents both love me and are relying on my teaching for them next year as she has told other parents about me and expects them to enroll their children in my class too.

And yet another mother, when informed about a new teacher for the days I don't work, said she doesn't want to switch back to those days, even if they are more convenient, as she, and her daughter both love me and aren't interested in anyone else.

Sometimes when I'm overwhelmed I forget I'm doing ok in other aspects of my life. Pre-school is moving along just fine.

No comments: