Saturday, May 30, 2009

Coral Chorale Coral

Here's a clip someone took of the CISP choir's performance in Thursday. I took pictures and an even shorter video before my battery died and will post those after I unpack them after the move (which is tomorrow btw).

Coral is wearing a black skirt and bright blue top but you won't really see her as she is standing directly behind the choir director.



It was a wonderful, wonderful night, although I will say that for me, sitting in the audience, waiting for it to begin, it was feeling a little bittersweet. I was rather sad that noone else was there to share the experience with, to be a part of that moment, and lend Coral support through their presence. And that, for an instant, made me question what I'm doing here, raising her away from the physical presence of all you other people who love her. And then, afterwards, I met all the other parents and students I've been hearing about for months... and came to recognize that Coral has a much larger family here than I was aware of. She is loved and cared for by so many other people than just you and me. And that is a truly wonderful thing.

No comments: