Wednesday, May 6, 2009

hello? job calling

I had a frustrating interaction with the owner of the BS school but that chapter is now closed - I've chosen to terminate contact and maybe when I go to the bank next the money will be there and I'll consider it a blessing... and maybe it won't and I can consider it a lesson. Either way I made a decision to move on - and in furtherance of that decision I contacted other Callan schools in the area and submitted my resume.

I had one call back, yesterday, asking if we could meet sometime next week. YES I said as I desperately need a job.

This morning I got up early and made my way over to the visa agency to finalize my application - on the way my phone rang. I was asked if we could move up our meeting till today - I said YES again. Then I had my meeting, went to my uni, went to pre-school and then headed over to this new Callan school.

On the way my phone rang again - the school I had interviewed with last week that had offered and then rescinded the job offer finally had to take decisive action and terminated the other teacher - and were offering me the job again. I said YES.

After my interview with the new Callan school - which has a whole floor of a building instead of one office in a suite - and 8 separate classrooms all wired for audio/video recording and a ton of other cool stuff... where I was told they're interested and I need to do some training for their version of the method (which is better than what I had been taught by FAR) I made my way over to pick up the book at the other school to pick up the book and material for the class that starts tomorrow.... and on the way my phone rang again... it was another school calling... a new pre-school that wanted to offer my a job as a full-time teacher, and I said, thanks but I'm not available on a full-time basis... and she said - send me your hours and I'll see what I can do.

I am a little overwhelmed right now. But I can tell you this - I must apply for my work permit and I will not take a position without a contract again. Apparently, someone here told me, it's illegal for someone to employ you without a contract.. regardless if you're a legal employee or not (?).

No comments: