Saturday, May 16, 2009

ICP Retreat

Retreat! Retreat! GOOO BAAAACK!

Hi there. You didn't heed my warning? I hope you won't regret that.









So, over the past month or two, I have been on several retreats. However, in this entry, I'm only going to write about the latest one. Sorry.


SO. I needed service hours for school. I am still in need for service hours for school. I'm in a service hour scrape. But that is slowly being resolved. Anywho.. there was an opportunity to go on a retreat with my friends' church, and watch some kids. I'd get to go free, with free boarding, free food, and I'd get 10 hours of service project stuff. (Though I probably would have gone even if I didn't get the hours.)

Awesome deal.

AND I got to hang out with my friends who were also going, because we had more free time there than time we were working.


So, I went, and I loved it. The kids were really good (for the most part, excluding Robert and Tomaš.) I got to play with them, go play Bomb, swim, play soccer, eat delicious free food and hang out with friends. We even went swimming in the FREEZING cold pool at 7:40 in the morning. Believe it or not, it was my idea. We did some sprints, and then, before we got freezing cold again, jumped in the pool. Well, Hannah and Wendy did. I stood out, dry, and laughed. And then I got in up to my shoulders. It was cold. I mean, cold as in, I don't think I can move because I can't feel my feet cold. Or my hands. Or my legs. Or the rest of my body. NUMBING cold. Literally. Still fun.


(Wow, Coral is getting sidetracked quite easily!)


We had a bonfire one of the nights too, had some smores, and listened to a bunch of my friends play the guitar. We sang with them, and then the little kids and the adults went inside, and the rest of us played Mafia and sang worship songs (No, I am not Christian, but yes, I do sing.) My school director extended our curfew that night by about 45 minutes, so we didn't have to rush inside. Very nice of her.

The only bad parts of the retreat were the stinging nettles, which I recently learned, DO affect me now, though they haven't in the past, Robert and Tomaš wandering off all the time, and I think that I am now sick because of my swimming in the pool repeatedly when that CANNOT have been healthy at that temperature.


Totally worth it though, especially since it was completely free.


Yaaaaay.

No comments: