Monday, May 25, 2009

stupid paperwork and stupid people

Why in the world is this place so freakin focused on paperwork??? I'm rather irritated and of course feeling absolutely justified in my stance.

First -I've had 3 positions here, 2 are still active, all without any little tiny bit of papers.

My job - the old job... no contract in place... didn't get paid for 2 months, and realized I was without recourse. It got resolved after quite a bit more hassle, but whatever.

My other job - hours changed and demands have changed and increased and I've been left without even basic support while trying to function in a school where noone speaks English and I don't speak Czech. I am supposed to have the Czech teacher with me every day.... it is the rare day that she deigns to grace us with her presence for a maximal amount of 20 minutes. Today was one of those days. Due to her rare sightings the children are not familiar with her and are now uncomfortable when she is around. That makes things even harder.

I have another job where again I am not on contract... probably cause I'm not actually employed... and again duties and responsibilities are not what they were promoted as...

BUT what is driving me bonkers at the moment is the stupid stupid people I have to deal with and the issues surrounding papers...

The Foreign Police. Never mind, if I get started there much more than the next 2 sentences I will lose my mind. They make redundant requests for papers that they have and repeatedly lose, only to recover after the 6 months period as expired, which therefore requires that they ask for the papers a third and fourth, etc, time. I hate them.

My landlord gave me a lease to sign - it had one person listed on it when there are 2, although one is a minor. It had a move in date of June 1. We agreed, verbally, that WE (yes, Coral was with me) could move in on the 28th. Coral and I made resulting plans dependent upon that move-in date.

He decided to rent it out on a short-term basis and now those tenants will be in the place on the 28th.... all the way on up till the 31st... which is when the new people are supposed to move in to my apartment as I am supposed to be out by then. The new landlord said he'd come over to my old place about 3 to help us drive our stuff over - as he puts it in one trip - as we can't move in before then. "Nice" of him to offer, but it's a lame consolation. Unfortunately, the 28th is not on the paperwork and so I have nothing to say about it. He acknowledges that we agreed on the 28th, but still apparently didn't feel bound to his word.

I SO don't respect that!!!

Now, even though he and his wife both signed off on accommodation paperwork for both me and Coral for the FP I feel like I should ask for a new lease that clearly states that Coral is allowed to live there too. I don't want it to come down, further down the line, when they feel like they can get a better price than what I'm paying, and they can kick me out for having too many people there.

The other instance.... UPC turned off my internet this weekend... why? One department wasn't communicating with the other department and my payments were being received but not registered. The paperwork wasn't being processed correctly. And when you call them, you get the option to PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. Which is a joke. The operators who answer that line don't speak English. Ever. They try to take your phone number down but they don't speak English... so somehow 991 turns into 912 and 784 was 342... I don't know. I really don't know. But the paperwork there is lame, lame, lame.

However, I have internet at home again. That's where I'm at, right now. Mastering my procrastinating skills, avoiding my final propaganda paper, getting ready to tuck the kid in to bed before I face the work remaining.


No comments: