Thursday, May 7, 2009

nephews and a newbie!

Next month my sister in law is going to give birth to her second child... it will be the third person on this planet who can call me Aunt Jenny... and I can't wait to see it.

Of course - see it will be literally seeing it (gender uncertain at this point) as I am on the other side of the world. And with 2 small children I don't think my brother and his family will be headed our direction any time soon...

And yet - I'd love to see the new kid. It will happen, there will just be a few months delay.

I just received photos of my two nephews - two cousins - the other day from my Mom. The most adorable little pair ever. And this week I was able to video chat with my sister and my nephew for a bit - something we don't really do enough of. It can be quite hard deciphering off a built-in mic, but it is worth the effort to watch a toddler try to secretly feed the dog... or hide behind a glass door... or try to dance with you on-line.

Here are my nephews - one is 2 1/2 (background) and the other approaching 1 1/2 (foreground)... I miss them tremendously!!!!



The older one was on a walk recently when a girl resembling Coral walked towards them on a trail - he started yelling at her, "Coral! Coral! Coral, come here!" Apparently the missing goes both ways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, it does. XOXO